uFincs is fundamentally all about your privacy. As such, this policy will outline what (little) information we collect from you, why, and what we do with it.
Please note that this policy is subject to change at any time, but we will make sure to notify you about any major changes via the email associated with your account.
tl;dr We don't sell your data, we will never sell your data, we can't really sell your data even if we wanted to, and we minimize collection of your data as much as possible.
Table of Contents
- What this policy covers
- What does this policy not cover?
- What is uFincs' business model?
- Your rights to your information
- What information do you collect about me? And how do you use it?
- Do you share my information with other organizations?
- How long do you keep my information?
- Who can I get in touch with if I want to access the data?
- How do you secure my data?
- Questions? Concerns?
What this policy covers
This policy covers the data uFincs ("we", "us", "our") collect about you ("user" or "customer"), what we do with it, why we collect it, and how you can access it.
This policy covers both the logged-in application ("App", available at https://app.ufincs.com) as well as the public marketing site ("Marketing Site", available at https://ufincs.com), collectively referred to as our "Services".
What this policy does not cover
This policy does not cover what third-party services we use do with your data. However, we can be completely transparent about these third-party services and link you to their privacy policies. We use the services of these companies to handle transactions and actions that are outside the expertise of the team at uFincs. Examples of third-party services we use and the reasons are as follows:
Henceforth, these services will be referred to as follows:
- Stripe - "Payment Processor"
- Mailgun - "Email Processor"
- Simple Analytics - "Analytics Processor"
What is uFincs' business model?
uFincs' business model comprises entirely of offering paid plans to access our services with an account. AKA, you can exchange money for services.
uFincs also offers the ability to freely use our services without creating an account. This acts as an (unlimited) trial of our services that doesn't meaningfully impact our server usage (aka our costs) because our services can operate entirely within your browser.
uFincs does not display third-party ads. uFincs does not, and will not, sell your data.
Your rights to your information
At uFincs, we are very aggressive about maintaining the privacy of our users. As such, we apply the same data rights to all users, regardless of their location. These rights include:
- Right of Access: This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security, and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure / "To be Forgotten": This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession and, by extension, all of our service providers. Fulfillment of some data deletion requests may prevent you from using our Services because our applications may then no longer work. In such cases, a data deletion request may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain: You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing: This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed, including opting out of sale of personal information. (Again: we never have and never will sell your personal data).
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability: You have the right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making: You have the right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable law, or is based on your explicit consent.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not charge you a different amount to use our products, offer you different discounts, or give you a lower level of customer service because you have exercised your data privacy rights. However, the exercise of certain rights (such as the right "to be forgotten") may, by virtue of your exercising those rights, prevent you from using our Services.
Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and directly updating your account information in the App. If you have questions about exercising these rights or wish to exercise these rights in writing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do you collect about me?
And how do you use it?
As a privacy-friendly service, we try to minimize our collection of your data only to what you explicitly provide or what we require for the operations of our Services.
Here's the nitty-gritty of what that means:
Information you provide us
When you sign up, you provide us with your email address and a password.
We do not store your password directly (i.e. in plaintext). See our Security Overviewfor more details on how we store your password.
We use your email address for, primarily, the following purposes:
- To uniquely identify your account within the App.
- To send you invoices/receipts for your payment of our Services (as handled by Payment Processor). Note: This means your email is shared with our Payment Processor.
- To send you password reset notices/confirmations.
- To notify you when the email address of your account is changed.
- To notify you when you delete/cancel your account with uFincs.
In the course of using the App, you may provide us with details about your finances. For example, you may enter transactions with a description, amount, and a date.
All of your personal financial details are encrypted (on the device you access the App with) before they are sent to our servers.
Only the encrypted data is sent to and stored on our servers. As such, we can't access your financial details.
As part of paying for access to our Services, you may provide us with your billing details (e.g. credit card and billing address).
This information never goes through our servers and we do not store it. Instead, we send it directly and securely to our Payment Processor to process the data for us.
Information collected via technology
To get critical information about the behavior of our visitors, we use Simple Analytics (Analytics Processor) on the Marketing Site. This analytics software gives us insight about our visitors only in general, but not about individuals by itself, as it does not track visitors and does not store any personally identifiable information. Go to their documentation to find out what Simple Analytics collects (and most importantly what they don’t).
We do not send any personally identifiable information (e.g. email addresses) to the Analytics Processor.
We do not use the Analytics Processor while you use the App; the Analytics Processor is only active while you use the Marketing Site.
As part of using the App, your IP address is logged.
Your IP address is logged primarily for the purposes of rate limiting (i.e. to prevent excessive abuse of our Services by malicious users).
Do you share my information with other organizations?
We share selected information (see above) with our third-party services (listed above).
This information is shared strictly for the necessary operations of uFincs.
We do not, and never intend to, share your information with third-party organizations with the intent of profiting off the information.
As a consequence of this, you will never see ads on our platform.
How long do you keep my information?
We will keep your information for as long as you are a user of our Services.
Should you choose to delete/cancel your account with us, your data will be erased from our servers.
However, your data may be kept in backups that we store for a period of time. These backups are usually kept for 60 days.
Who can I get in touch with if I want to access my data?
You can access your financial data by using the App.
Additionally, you can export your financial data from the App in either a plaintext or encrypted format.
If you would like an export of all the data we have on you, please contact us at email@example.com.
As stated above, we do not use/store cookies of any kind.
However, we do store data in your browser using different technologies (Local Storage and IndexedDB).
In Local Storage, we store your authorization token to allow you to access the App without providing your username and password each time for authentication.
In IndexedDB, we store all of the financial details that you have provided to us as part of using the App. Note that this data, stored locally in your browser, is not encrypted. This data is only encrypted once it has to leave your browser to be stored on our servers.
How do you secure my data?
Please see our Security Overview for the complete details on how we secure your data.